Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The 17 day Diet : The Accelerate cycle

A couple of my  friends have asked me about the 17 day diet

And the timing works perfectly as I am doing it all over again

The 17 day diet is an absolutely amazing plan

If you do it perfectly - it really works

The first cycle of 17 days is called Accelerate

This is where you take off the fat really fast

Here is what you eat :

In this phase you are eating as much as you want of veggies , lean protein.

You are limiting the quantity of dairy ( 2 cups daily ) fat ( 2 Tbsp daily ) and fruit ( 2 servings daily )

The full list is on the internet but here is the smaller list which is of things that I  eat ( I dont like beef, Pork , fish )


Proteins 
Ground Turkey
Chicken breasts
Tilapia
Eggs ( 2 max a day )


Vegetables 
You can pretty much eat any vegetable ( except avocado, potatoes, peas, corn)  but here is what is on the list ie the list of what I eat

Cauliflower
Cabbage
Broccoli
Asparagus
Spinach
Okra
Tomaties
Onions
Peppers
Celery
Cucumber
Green Beans
Lettuce
Mushroom
Carrots
Radishes

Fruits 

Many fruits are starchy so on these 17 days things like banana and mango are not "allowed "
Fruits are also very calorific so we are limited to 2 servings
You are also supposed to eat your fruit servings before 2 am but this one is hard for me as I sometimes like to eat fruit for desert

Here is my list
Apples
Any berry
Oranges
Peaches
Plums
Red Grapes

Dairy 

Low fat Acidophilus milk ( I drink 2% lactaid instead as I have a bit of lactose intolerance and take a probiotic )
Greek  or any yogurt ( non fat )

What about condiments 
Many condiments like marinara sauce, fat free sour cream, hot sauce, any dry spice are allowed

Where are the beans, oatmeal, cereal, rice and lentils ?

They are not allowed on the first cycle of the 17 day diet
Also no sugar

you must also eat daily 

3 cups of green tea  ( i drink the flavored Lipton - my favorite flavor is Black Currant and Vanilla )
a probiotic
multivitamin
you can also drink black coffee

Exercise 
17 minutes every day



No comments:

Post a Comment