Friday, April 29, 2011

The Points Plus Program

My friend and I went to our first weight watchers meeting

I really like the Points Plus Program

The idea is this

Based on your personal profile you eat a certain amount of points

A point plus is calculated with the following formula -

Take whatever food you are having and then look at
  1. Fat
  2. Carbs
  3. Protein
  4. Fiber
Yes they dont look at calories

Then apply the formula of ( everything in Grams )

Fat/3.9 + Carbs/9.2+ Protein /10.9 -Fiber/12.5

This would mean that my Luna Bar - white chocolate macademia would be

7/3.9 + 25/9.2+ 9/10.9-3/12.5= 5 points plus !!!
Now obviously I dont make this calculation each time - I simply use my nutrition app that I purchased for a one time fee of a dollar and I put in the formula in the Settings of the program

In addtion Fruits and Vegetables are free !!! - They have no points and can be eaten in unlimited quantity

This is what I love about this program

That you dont have to ever go hungry and when forced to make a choice as with my travel schedules I frequently am at airports etc - its going to force me to choose the raw stuff !!!!

I love this !

No comments:

Post a Comment