Sunday, January 9, 2011

How did I do the first week ?

I did pretty good

All things considering

All things being,  going  back to work - and a TON of work awaiting

Plus after the very relaxing 2 weeks of just being home and ( 10 days of that staying in a hotel - read , no cooking or cleaning ) - it was just a shock to get back to get back to the routine

In spite of all that - I did pretty well

I had 2 -3 bouts of mindless eating - where I ended up eating chocolate covered nuts ( my weakness ) mindlessly

But somehow I feel very forgiving - because for the 2 bouts of mindless eating - I avoided many bouts of mindless eating by simply asking myself the question before eating

Do I really want to eat this ?

And that is the real question -

I think the calorie-counting blinds us and changes our mindset to Can I eat this?

Wrong question .

This is my challenge for myself for the week

Ask myself before I eat -

Am I hungry? Do I really want this ?

If I am hungry, Out of all my choices - what is the best thing I can put in  my body ?

Will you ask these questions too ?

1 comment:

  1. Put like that it's so simple isn't it? I need to work on this. Once upon a time I was good at it. I want to get that back!

    ReplyDelete